Monday, January 21, 2008

YA Challenge 2008



So I was browsing through Nymeth's various (and awesome) blogs I came across the YA Challenge and joined because I needed another challenge, obviously. I just couldn't resist! (Do you see what results from a couple comments in a blog?)

And so, from Thoughts Of Joy I bring you The YA Challenge 2008.

This is really just a glorified excuse because I love quality YA novels. I'm being careful to read new ones (only a couple of these are nostalgic re-reads). I'm going to link each to my comments on it as I read them.

1. The Worthing Saga by Orson Scott Card
2. The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman
3. New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
4. Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D Taylor
5. The King of Ireland's Son by Padraic Colum
6. The Sea of Trolls by Nancy Farmer
7. Best Shorts: Favorite Stories for Sharing by Various, including Avi, Peterson, Alexander and some other favorites
8. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke (I'm finally breaking down and going to read this)
9. The Secret School by Avi
10. The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien
11. Tamsin by Peter S. Beagle
12. Take a Thief by Mercedes Lackey

Super excited, and these are bound to change.

EDIT:
I'm subbing The King of Ireland's Son in and taking out The Book Thief.

ANOTHER EDIT:
It's just occurred to me that the reason I didn't like The Book Thief was because I was looking for The Thief Lord (there seems to be a lot of thieving on this page). So maybe I'll replace something else with the book I was really wanting to read.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Welcome to the YA Challenge, Robin Marie! We are happy that you found us. :) I hope you enjoy all your choices.

Don't forget to come back and link your reviews.

Happy Reading!

~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster Edited by Robin Marie