Monday, January 21, 2008

#6 The Tears of the Giraffe



For the What's in a Name? challenge: A book with an animal in its title

Book: The Tears of the Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith
Pages: 240
Entertainment Rating: 4/5
Snooty Rating: 3/5
Total Rating: 7/10
Books Read Total: 6/50
Pages Read Total: 1630/15,000

There's something very quaint and comforting about Smith's No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency books. The writing is simple and the story line is straightforward and to the point. The characters are lovable and sometimes surprising. I never feel frustrated or like I've wasted my time when I read these books, and yet there is nothing about them that is exceptionally striking. Read them on the beach, on a rainy day, or in the bath (if you're prone to reading in the bath, as I am).

P.s. I thought it was fitting to put "Marginalia" one of my favorite poems, in the margins of my blog. (Haha, get it?) Check it!

No comments:

~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster Edited by Robin Marie