Sunday, May 3, 2009

This is all I see!


This is all I see!, originally uploaded by Soasa Designs.

I'm absolutely hooked on weaving. My class yesterday was wonderful, and I understood a great deal of it, though the new vocabulary is a bit tricky. We learned to warp the loom and all that is involved with that, as well as a good bit of history (although I can't say I have any idea what she said regarding that...)

Weaving is a great way to utilize some of the yarn I have that I can't knit with! Cottons, silks, even acrylics... I'm so excited to finally get into some of the pretty yarns I have! The picture above is of my second project...Yes I was so enthused when I got home yesterday that I finished the class project and warped a second because I couldn't wait to use the cute peachy cotton yarn I had in my drawer!



Check out my Project Spectrum Set on Flickr for more of what I'm working on!

3 comments:

BetteJo said...

Once it's woven - what will it be?

Robin Marie said...

A scarf:) My next project will be a belt, I think!

Rows Red said...

It looks gorgeous! I can't wait till we have a house and I finally get the loom stand so I can weave comfortably. I look forward to seeing your finished weaving when you come home. :)

~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster Edited by Robin Marie