Friday, May 22, 2009

FO: Toasty Gold, Project Spectrum: East

Pattern: Toasty by Leslie Friend
Size: CO 26st
Materials: 60-70 yds Yanabey Lana Mecha
Needles: #8, 5.0mm
Start Date: May 9, 2009
Finish Date: May 15, 2009
On Ravelry

This is one of the simplest patterns ever, but it's effective! My hands have been freezing because my desk is right under a really drafty window, and the wind blows right in on me while I'm using my computer. I'm using this same yarn for my Quick 'n Dirty socks, and for those I'm using a size 9 needle. I may even go up to a 10 next time I use it. These mitts are really dense. They keep me warm, that's for sure!

I chose this color because our Project Spectrum color for these two months is yellow, and it reminded me of the deep gold color often worn by Zen Buddhist monks. I figure that reaction made it perfect for our direction!


No comments:

~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster Edited by Robin Marie