Monday, February 18, 2008

I wonder...

I think I'm missing something in these audiobooks. I don't know if it's just that my interaction with books in print is so much more intimate, turning each page, reading each word and smelling the musty smell of paper and ink and libraries. I come away from these audiobooks feeling like I do after I watch a movie. I've been entertained but I'm not sure how much of it I've really retained. Perhaps it's these short books that are making me feel that way. I literally listened to Of Mice and Men and Fahrenheit 451 straight through without stopping. Maybe I need time to stop and absorbs going on at points that are particularly challenging, or maybe I'm more distracted than I think when I'm working on other projects. I'm not sure what's up but I think I'm going to stick to more light "reading" for in the studio and save the heavier stuff for the gym and the car and knitting.

No comments:

~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster Edited by Robin Marie