Wednesday, June 17, 2009

This sweater hates me

I don't know what it is about this sweater! If you click through you'll notice that this photo was taken in February. FEBRUARY, and it's still an accurate representation of this sweater! (Not to mention that I started it on January 1st.) I stole the tips from it a couple months ago, and left a note in the bag stating what size they were. Turns out, I was wrong about the size (which explains why my other project wasn't getting gauge)so when I put the tips back on last week, they were a size too big. I managed to knit 4 inches, at about 300 stitches per round before I realized it was coming out too big. I set it aside for another week. When I picked it up I finally recognized the problem. Riiiiiiiiiip. It is not fun picking up 300 laceweight stitches. NOT FUN.

In any case, I'm knitting on it again, trying to catch myself back up, but because the yarn is coned I can't take it on my trip with me...so it's going to get shelved again in two weeks! Poor sweater...

...Unless (lightbulb!) I can figure out how to wind a center-pull ball off the cone without cutting the working yarn. This really would be the perfect travel project...

Do you have a project that plagues you? Tell me about it!

Want more WIP Wednesday? Click it!

~~~~~

On an unrelated note, insert whining about being sick, forgetting my script the first time I went to the lab for blood work, repeating the hour long trip, crying in public, and having an incredibly bad headache. I miss my mom.

I decided that if there was ever a time for another installment of BSPT this was it. So, without further ado...

Big, small, profound and trivial things I am grateful to have discovered since coming to Argentina:

I can travel. 15 hours in a sleeper bus really isn't all that bad, and it's not very expensive!

I love my 10-15 minute walk from the Subte to UCA and back. It's time to myself.

I am learning to cook, and enjoying it!

Living with a sorority girl scared me into flossing every single day. My teeth are happy for it.

I am living in a foreign country.

I love the small acting troup that sometimes ends up in the same Subte car as me. Sometimes I see them out in the real world...it's like spotting a celebrity!

What are you grateful for? What have you recently discovered? Tell me!!

Want more BSPT? Click it!

4 comments:

Tina M. said...

Oh no... but what in god's name are you knitting a sweater in lace weight for to begin with? *boggles*

Sarah said...

You CAN make a center pull ball. :D

This video is really good (scroll down a bit) - http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/knitting-tips

Just make sure the yarn that is coming from the PROJECT is in the center.

I hope that helps!

Robin Marie said...

Tina: It was $15 a cone Alpaca/Silk from Webs, and I'm knitting the Deep Breath sweater as a cover-up because I love my tank tops so much! It's on size 7's...but it's still a pain. Too bad I want one in Mulberry too!

Sarah: Thanks so much! I'm going to see if I can get it to work with my ball winder, because winding a sweaters worth of laceweight by hand really could kill me.

Sarah said...

Oo, that's a good idea. I betcha it will work as long as you take it slow. Can't see why it wouldn't work. Good luck! d(^_^)b

~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster Edited by Robin Marie