Saturday, February 3, 2007

Playing with Fire

My Basic Metals class has kicked in to gear, and we're moving along at a good clip. We've covered sawing, piercing, filing, annealing, pickling, and now we're working on soldering.

I'm not going to lie, the first time I lit the torch I was a bit shaken up. It looks rather small and delicate, so I wasn't expecting the Whooosh of flame that appeared instantaniously. I'm a bit nervous about going in to the studio today, sans instructor, and trying to figure out this soldering thing myself. I've used the torch about three times, in total, and I'm not so sure I'm comfortable with it yet.

I'm having a blast, dispite the butterflies in my stomach, and I'm very excited to be in the class!

No comments:

~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster Edited by Robin Marie