Friday, December 18, 2009

FO: Opus Spicatum

Christmas knitting begins....


Secret Santa, originally uploaded by Soasa Designs.

Pattern: Opus Spicatum by Kate Gagnon Osborn
Size: Unmodified
Materials: 2 half skeins Wave from Filatura Di Crossa
Needles: US 9 /5.5 mm
Start Date: November 16, 2009
Finish Date: November 29, 2009
On Ravelry

This was my first gifted knit of the season, an Opus Spicatum hat knit for my secret santa. I think it was my most successful Christmas knit of the year (I DEFINITELY didn't accomplish all I wanted to...) and I wish the rest could be up to this caliber. I just had a really bad year, knit-wise. I was out of commission for the better part of this fall. I loved the yarn and the pattern, both were easy to work with and delightful! Careful, the yarn blocks generously, which is good for this sort of hat I suppose. I was hesitant to block too heavily because I have such a big head compared to other girls once you factor in my dreads. I sometimes lose perspective. In any case, I was sad to see the hat go, but it was well received!



1 comment:

Rows Red said...

Looking good, but don't give yourself an injury getting it done in the final days!

~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster Edited by Robin Marie